Thursday, December 01, 2005

Naughty or Nasty?

Long time since I gave a T-quote to Jike. This time it comes from my colleague who saw it on a guy's T-shirt. Actually, it is a statement rather than a quote. I am accepting that I have been what my fellow tamilians would call a 'pazham' when it comes to matters like these, and my knowledge is not that good. Seems like this is a famous sequence of numbers which has got extended on this guy's T-shirt.(Like a corollary to a theorem!?) So if you are able to get it without reading the explanation section, then your knowledge in this matter is good, otherwise, join my club. Here we go, this is the sequence:
172214
Got it? Are you giving it a "Huh, such a buildup for such a silly thing?" look? Or are you trying to find some weird relationship like 17 + 5 = 22 and 22 - 8 = 14, like that? Unable to make sense out of it?
I was not. So was my colleague. Poor chaps we are. Lets go to the explanation section now.
Explanation: It is very simple. Read the numbers in "Our Raashtriyabaasha" aka Hindi and read it with spaces between them 1 7 2 2 14 and it would all make sense now. If you know Hindi, you would get it, if you do not know Hindi, ask me, shall tell you. Exercise caution if you are asking someone else who knows Hindi.They might not like you at all after you ask them this.Also, looks like 1722 is a famous number sequence that everyone knows! Is it? I wasnt aware of that!

The way you take this:Naughty or Nasty depends upon you. Some might like the way the statement is concealed in a number sequence and appreciate the way it has been done. Some might feel like going and hitting this guy, what the hell is he doing, wearing this in a public place for everyone to see! Certainly some newspapers,get a chance, would have a picture of this T-shirt and say "Look where the country is heading to!".
For most of the people the numbers wont make sense, so lets forget them. I dont understand what is the need for someone to sport a T-shirt with this statement.Yeah, now that I have seen and understood it,what do you want me to do to you now? What is the intention behind the T-shirt? Come to you and say, "Hey,Congrats. How did it go?". I definitely dont wanna do that. Or if I know you well, do I have to become proud of you and go around shouting in the streets "My friend(or whatever) has grown up big!". No,I wont do it either.Or you want people to envy you? If that is the case, definitely you are successful in your attempt man.I can imagine few reading it in the road and give a big sigh: "Haa, lucky guy!". True,few people would do that, lets not deny that fact.

For me, I would look it as a statement, I definitely appreciate the way the message was hidden and smile at the naughtiness.Yeah, if that was your intention, then with respect to me you succeeded my friend.But still I feel there is no need for someone to publicise and boast on something so intimate between two people(its not 2 in this case, thats agreed).May be it was sported just for fun,and it is not that we have not talked about sex openly in this country.We have been doing it both explicitly or in a polished way, one way or other. We gave Kamasutra to the world, what about the paintings at Khajuraho,and I have seen numerous temples all around India where there are statues depicting sexual acts explicitly(I have few snaps as well, if you want it, lemme know ;)...). Take my literature or my film songs: We always had an 'Aganaanooru' along with from 'Puranaanooru', Thirukkural had 'Inbathuppal' with it, and with respect to Tamil film songs, what Kannadasan said in a much polished manner that day, Vairamuthu and others today are saying explicitly, but the thing is, it was always said.I definitely enjoy it when its expressed in a subtle way. I would have appreciated the T-shirt much better if it had been some funny cartoon depicting the need for safe sex, but for this one, I smile at the creativity(!?), put it aside and move on!

1 Comments:

Blogger narayanan said...

I donno numbers with the 'butler' Hindi(like butler English) or is it expressed in words? If thats the case it looks like what's usually written on the rear of namma oor lorries.

-narayanan

December 01, 2005 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home