Sunday, November 13, 2005

She sang!

I moved towards her cabin, slowly and steadily and gave her door a gentle knock. She turned towards the door as I entered her room. There she was,in a green sari,no major changes around her.The first thing I asked her was that whether she recognised me(I least expected her to, for she meets so many people like me in her everyday life).She said that I have grown large(thats her polite way of saying that I have become fat!?),that I have become darker than before and I have got this huge smile on my face which she has not seen before and then she said that if she is not mistaken, I am... she uttered my name,bang on target the first time,without any hesitation or even a second of thinking. I was amazed,stupefied and whatever word you can think of for getting amazed, think of it. I didnt expect that from her.I told her that she was too good at that and that I never thought she would remember me by my name.

Then we started talking.She was the kind of person whom anyone would easily get friendly with. The conversation went into so many different things. We talked about the place as such, how it has changed so much infrastructure wise, but not much other wise.People have not changed much, I saw the same old faces mostly,but yeah few of them,we miss."This is not a place where changes are possible so easily", she said.But yeah,I have seen her drive a Bajaj Chetak before, I now see her driving a car.She says that, it helps her a lot as she travels a lot to the places nearby. She admitted that the number of four wheelers and two wheelers have increased in the place apart from the mobile phones. We talked about her husband, her two kids, got lost while admiring the sketches drawn by one of her kids.She would then tell me about the students these days, how bold and self-managing they are, compared to the timid faces of us she used to see long back. She says that students these days have become so smart and they dont need much of their help. And that smile on her face is something I would never forget. I am a big fan of her smile.The thirty minute talk I would have had with her after some years now,is something that I would definitely cherish.

She sang(as always)
I listened to her(as always)
We talked, we laughed,exchanged stories(as always)
Then we departed(as always)
Only to meet some other day(as always)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home