Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Lunch Table Musings

"Customer ke paas paisa hota hai,
Dhimaak nahin hota"

(Customers have money with them, but they dont have a mind.)

Though we all know it, we cannot escape from it. No use complaining about it.

I feel sorry for my team mate, SD at this point of time. Pity him, for he has to unnecessarily go through this process of Knowledge Transfer which most of the times we know is nothing but a total waste of time(my personal expeience atleast!). Read some 10 documents, attend some two or three KT sessions and you are done. Now, you have obtained the necessary 'knowledge' on the project and there you are, good to go! It doesnt matter how long the person who is giving KT has worked on the project, or if at all he has some knowledge on the project, a KT is to be there. No use in complaining, I know, just wanted to record SD in my diary.

May be I would be reading this post years later and would think of what SD has done to me and thank him every time I read this post.Thats the idea behind the post.

@SD:Yeah,even if its an excel application, it needs to be supported. Why? Customer Satisfaction, dear! My first thanks to you through this post. How many times I would end up thanking you, I dont know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home