Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Look before you kiss

Ok. For this post, I thank my friend Venkat for the amount of research he has put into this. (Seems like he did an extensive research for more than one hour to get this particular link. Kudos to you ;) ). Before we proceed, lets read this post from his blog. You can see some snaps from a private party in Chennai. And for those who cant read Tamil, I translate it here and my comments now and then in Italics:

The headlines was this: Is this what is called equal rights?(Hey, where did that come from?Why are u pulling equal rights into this? Why do u have this notion that women cannot and most importantly 'should not' booze? This party has nothing to do with women's liberation or equal rights)

The caption under the snaps translate into:
a) Snaps from the Weekend celebrations held in Chennai last week.
b) Probably a reference to the Horlicks ad, it points to the woman whos having beer

And the article below reads this: Dont think that this woman is having some cool drinks in some shop down ur street. She is having foreign 'sarakku' aka booze only. (Hey, what difference does it make, be it a local 'sarakku' or foreign 'sarakku'?. And then he says something which is even more irritating). Because, a glass is not enough for her, she is gulping down the whole bottle.(How stupid! So, would the reporter be happy if she had drunk the whole bottle in 10 glasses instead, say? She is drinking, Ok, and what difference does it make if its straight from the bottle, or if its taken in a glass? And then he says that this happened in Park Hotel chennai after a fashion show. And that instead of the regular cat walk, people, who came in pairs started drinking and started their 'leelas'. Then he says a funny thing, which makes me laugh a lot. Listen to this.)

In this age, when married couple hesitate and feel shy to walk in 'public' with their hand-in-hand, (and thats what our culture is), there is this culture of people driniking, kissing and hugging in public which is getting spread.(Hey, which age are u in? Married couple hesitating to hold hands in public? Somebody stop me from laughing)

(And then comes the attack. Now he has to blame it all on someone right? So he says this:).The Police Commissioner had promised that such 'obscene' fashion shows wont happen in Chennai. But, 'everyday' in star hotels, such 'obscene' fashion shows keep on happening. Just because, they are high class society people, is police hesitating to take actions against them?

Ok, there ends the article. Police did seem to take some action.And I did a bit of searching myself, and I found this interesting post on someone's
blog. I liked this guy's idea of getting licence to kiss someone. That was a real good post.

All i can say is this: I heard that this reporter gate crashed into the party. If thats the case, what was this guy doing there? And look at the snaps he has taken and from the 'angles' in which he has taken few snaps. Now, see the snaps and tell me, who is perverted more, is it the reporter or the people in the party? Dear, film heroines wear much less dress these days, you wait days and weeks to get their interviews and put their snaps in every possible page so that ur newspaper sells big, and you call this lewd? This guy wanted some sensational news and the paper is blowing it out of proportion. And police, cant sit quiet right? They have to show that they did something about it. So they cancel the rights to the hotel, try to arrest the girls in picture and they have taken action, u see.


If its a private party, its none of your business to peek in and take snaps like this and publish it. If that is the case, I guess the concerned people should sue this newspaper. And what if this happens in public? Honestly, I dont mind it. Its none of your business if a guy and girl kiss in the public. In what way, does it affect you? Or how does that concern you?Tell me honestly, dont you imagine yourself doing it, atleast I do! I see people doing it in public, and you may call me perverted, I dont care, I dont mind doing it either(I wont have the courage to do it,and I might not do it at all in my life,that is a different story altogether!But I dont mind). So, dear newspaper, please, stop doing this shit. Instead of wasting time on these things, try to do something real useful for the public. I would definitely appreciate your efforts on that.But newspapers, TV and media live on sensational news. And you got one definitely in this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Subs said...

Its really not a big deal.Yes its wierd kissing when tons of people are actually staring at you. But yes if its cosy atmosphere and sometimes if you just get into the flow..its REALLY OK :) Believe me its fun as well ;)

Pune is much better. Ppl are so cool that they really dont stare even if a couple is kissing. There are special kissing places as well where no worries about people starring..as everyone is busy kissing.

October 04, 2005 7:49 AM  
Blogger Zealous Zygote said...

@Subs: Guess, I need to visit Pune to see these special places :)

October 05, 2005 1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home