Friday, October 28, 2005

Ping Pong, Ding Dong, Sing Song

Played Table Tennis (TT) after a long long time.Not that am good at any game on this earth, there are many games where i suck big time,example, I dont like cricket, I cant play video games, but TT is something, where I would say I am Ok. Not too good, not bad either. Last time I played which I remember, should have been way back at college, that is like good two and a half years back! TT after such a long time! And I was too good this time. Would have played some eight games and won all of them. You would say jike, that my opponenets would have been too weak, not the case either. I would say both of them would be at the same level as mine. Few games went close, but many games I thrashed them and it felt good.

Look at me(or for that matter many of the working class today). Physical exercise 0%. Stress 200%(Oh no, not that much of work stress for me, that was a generic scenario). Dont know how long our body would take this routine. People becoming fat day by day and getting all sorts of diseaes so early in life! But on the other side, I would tell you one more thing jike. They opened this gym at office recently and its a good hit. There are so many people who joined it.But dont know how many are regular(Managers of course, would be).But the thing is, people have realised the need of some sort of physical exercise in the present day work culture and thats a good thing. For me, no, I cant be regular or sincere towards these things, I would start it and enthu would go away soon. But, TT after so much time, body sweating hard, and winning games, it all felt good.And people, if you understand that your physical health is in a ding-dong situation,and do something about it, it would be great.

So what about sing song, you ask? Hmm, the other day I went to a Spa Lounge here. I dont drink, I dont smoke, I am single, so what was I doing there? Good question. Actually it was a Halloween party and it was a fund raising party for the kids of Asha and 'Dream a Dream', one more charitable organisation.When did people start celebrating Halloween in India!? Good question again jike and I dont know the answer! I did not and still dont have any idea of what halloween is supposed to be, and what i expected out of the party was to meet some kids and spend some time with them and have dinner and come back and what I got was completely different. It was all high class people over there and foreigners, people drinking, smoking(the shirt i wore still smells of cigarette) and after some time dancing! Initially it was all boring out there,but after some time we all got into the mood. No idea what freaking music or song was played by the DJ,but who the hell cares, all you have to do is dance and thats enjoyment, mind you. For a person who has never been to a pub, this was quiet an experience. "Did you dance?", you ask jike and my answer would be, "I tried to". Good thing was, met a few people from my college over there and it was nice talking to them after a long time. But the place, I tell you, was not something I have seen in my life before!

Anyway, am gonna be away for some time now, Happy Diwali to all who are reading this.Have a lot of travelling in front of me. Would tell about that later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Plumb said...

Interesting story. If you want to improve your Ping Pong then take a look at Ping Skills. It is a great website with instructional video lessons!

November 27, 2007 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home