Monday, November 28, 2005

A new blog!

Started a new blog today. A tamil blog. The link is here. Why sudden enthu? Read a few tamil blogs in the last few weeks and felt like having one for myself. Initially I had posted that tamil post here in this blog, but it looked awkward, with both tamil and an english post side by side, so I decided I would create one seperately for the tamil blog.

It has been ages since I have written in Tamil and I have almost forgotten it. While it comes to choose between the 'na's or 'ra's or 'la's, I am struggling now. Which one should I use out of the two for this word!? Bad, very bad! May be it goes to show that you forget everything in this world (that includes your mother tongue as well) if you are not in a constant touch with that. Ok, now that I have started this, I want to continue writing in Tamil. One thing is, I found it very difficult to type in English and transliterate it to Tamil and post. I used this software called 'Baraha' and I am learning the ways as to how quickly I can type it out using shortcuts and all that. If anybody knows a better software than that or better way of doing this, let me know. People who already have Tamil blogs and reading this post, you might help me out. Of course, I need a freely downloadable software :D

5 Comments:

Blogger Venkat said...

Baraha அனைத்து இடங்களிலும் கிடைக்காமல் போகலாம். அப்பொழுது http://www.higopi.com/ucedit/Tamil.html பயன்படுத்துக.

November 29, 2005 1:36 AM  
Blogger Zealous Zygote said...

@Venkat:
Thanks da. That was a better one than Baraha. Actually after practicing for two days now, I am getting better at Tamil key strokes. They are almost the same in Baraha and in the link u sent. Hope, I get more time to do some Tamil posts

November 29, 2005 2:09 AM  
Blogger narayanan said...

ZZ,
is this like some inspiration from a comment in Kalai's blog? jus thought so ;-)

There is eKalappai that allows you to type on a English keyboard and transliterate to tamizh on screen. If you dont' want to install anything. Jaffnalibrary's unicode is the best :)

-narayanan

November 30, 2005 2:45 PM  
Blogger Zealous Zygote said...

@Ranganathan St:
Actually, kalai's blog was a starting point. From there, went to so many other tamil blogs and thus the inspiration. I havent started commenting on all of those blogs though, but you would start finding them soon.

And thanks for the link. Would try and let you know how I found it

December 01, 2005 12:01 AM  
Blogger Shyam said...

hi machi!!!!

actually you need not put that much fight in keyboard to type tamil in your blogs or sites or even when you want to post your threads

i saw a nice tool recently available online
it can be accesed at http://quillpad.in/tamil

basically you can type like how you speak in tamil and it will convert into tamil script

எப்படி இருக்கீங்க?
நீங்களும் தமிழில் சுலபமா எழுதலாம்

செல் பொன் அடிச்சா ரீங்கு சிவாஜி அடிச்சா சங்கு

have fun!!!!

July 15, 2007 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home