Tuesday, April 12, 2005

After an interlude...

Dadz back and what kept me away from you:

a) Work: Ha ha ha...
b) The message I have been receiving for so long which didnt allow me to write:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.Please contact the server administrator, support@blogger.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.


Have been thinking: What keeps a father away from his son, in real life scenario? Few things I can think of:
a) Son is studying at some other city/state/country
b) Son is working at some other city/state/country other than that of his father
c) Son is taking a vacation or is on a trip to some other city/state/country other than that of his father or vice versa
d) Worse Case: Father and Son are fighting over something, no longer speak with each other and so they stay away from each other!
e) Worst Case: Father is dead or the Son is dead.

But my case doesnt fit to any of these: I could not talk with my e-son because of some server problem which I have been facing since last Friday.. Interesting... I guess I should add that to the real life scenario as well. I mean anyway, we are living in an age where VOIP phone is your boss, dictates what your deadline is and decides how your day is gonna be... Anyway, many of us arent staying with our family and we spend may be 10- 15% of 365 days(thats too big an estimate) of the year with them? Telephones, e-mails, IMs are what 'trying' to bridge the gap... So why dont I add it to the list:

f) Server problem with the e-mail or IM service provider.(or) Problem with telephone line

Who knows? Somewhere in some part of the world as I am typing this post, two dads might be talking like this:
Dad 1: "Know what? XYZ mail service was down today. Was expecting a mail from my daughter. Could not check it today. "

Dad 2: "Is it?. I tried logging into the GHI messenger and damn it, some problem. I gave correct user name and password. But could not login. So I missed my weekly Voice Conference with my two sons".

Funny world, we are in... Anyway, have lots to tell my son.. Hope I get the time this week and hope there are no more server problems

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

To your "What keeps a father away from his son, in real life scenario?"

If there are cases worse than worst- try ego, inexplicable anger and misplaced fury... But there is somethign worse still- love!

Will you extend your posting to include "Father and daughter" too, Zy?

April 12, 2005 4:21 AM  
Blogger Zealous Zygote said...

@Poornima: Lemme see.I might extend the posting to include 'Father and Daughter', may be some 20 years later, if I happen to have a girl of my own. :)
I havent felt myself that feeling, so I am stopping here as of now.

April 14, 2005 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home