Monday, April 04, 2005

Million Dollar Baby

Hmm. If you see my room mate's Oscar checklist here, you would see that they both have done a very good job in compiling the list, for 'Million Dollar Baby' would satisfy almost everything in the list. Good job, roomies!

For me, it was OK sorta movie. Not too good, not too bad either. I mean, have seen movies of this type before, so nothing unusal. Now, would I have voted for MDB, had I been in the Academy list of voters?

1. The movie as such - Not sure. May be MDB would have been the best among the lot this time around. None of the 5 movies had been a mega hit like that of Titanic, or LOTR, so may be thats y, MDB got the majority of votes!? I'm guessing here.
2. Clint Eastwood - Huh, OK. Not a bad choice for the Best Director. He has acted very well as well and he was great with his comedy
3. Hillary Swank - Shes known for these types of roles, isnt it? Boys Don't Cry and MDB now. Yeah, she was good. Not close to Charlize Theron in The Monster last time around though. But may be she worked on her physique a lot to fit the role and good performance as well in few scenes.
4. Morgan Freeman - Yes, definitely yes. He was too good. No doubt about that.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

The Oscars this year had left me pretty depressed! I was hoping and hoping and hoping that Leonardo would win best actor-ok, I'm a girl, he's good looking-but that's not the only reason! He does act well!

Hillary Swank-I rememebr seeing some movie of hers in which she was the next karate kid or something? Hey wait a sec-is that the name of the movie now!?

April 04, 2005 4:13 AM  
Blogger Subs said...

Ya MDB is definitely a nice movie. Kind of slick and moving in the end.

April 04, 2005 9:33 AM  
Blogger Zealous Zygote said...

@Poornima: No, she plays the role of a hotel waitress who becomes a boxer(and no karate), for she feels her life is a trash and boxing would help her to come out of that trash. Now I have told you part of the story. Go and c for urself the rest

@Subs: You know, 'I'(that's I in quotes) didnt feel any sort of emotions at all during the closing scenes of the picture. Uncharacteristic of me! Man, I am getting weird day by day

April 04, 2005 10:06 AM  
Blogger Chaosrules said...

btw, some actors always play the same roles in every movie, for eg, if it is a middle aged philosophical character, why it has to be Morgan Freeman? If it is a cop role, why it is always Denzel washington or Vijaykanth?

April 09, 2005 2:20 AM  
Blogger HP said...

Chaos, you are making a grave mistake calling Vijaykanth merely a cop. He is the saviour, the messiah, the supercop and all-in-all azhaguraja. You have been warned.

April 12, 2005 1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home