Wednesday, March 09, 2005

A Feel Good Song

I dont know. Whenever I am reminiscing, thinking about something serious in life(Ha ha ha), whenever my mood is not Ok, this song somehow crosses my mind and after hearing this or singing this, everything seems to calm down. Whats this with this song? What is the message she is trying to convey here to me? I dont know. Like last sunday, was alone at my Thatha's and was thinking on something serious. After sometime got sick of it and switched on the FM and there she goes again:

Do lafzon ki hai, dil ki kahaani
Yaa hai mohabbat, yaa hai jawaani

Oh, Asha Bhonsle, what a mellifluos voice you have got that ties me down! Have heard many of your songs: old, new, but this one is special and its magical.

Dil ki baaton ka mathlab na poocho
Kuch aur mujse bas ab naa poocho
Jiske liye hai, duniya diwaani
Yaa hai mohabbat, yaa hai jawaani

Venice, the city that floats on water. How would it be like to live on a building that is on water? Shouldnt it be amazing! One of the cities I would like to visit before my life journey ends.

Yeh kashtiwaala, kya gaa rahaa tha
Koi isi pe yaad aa rahaa tha
Kisse puraane, yaadein puraani
Yaa hai mohabbat, yaa hai jawaani

May be this is what she is trying to tell me when I am down: Life is short. Make it sweet. Dont waste it by worrying too much on many things that are trivial. Focus on important things and be happy

Is zindagi ke, din kitne kam hain
Kitni hai kushiyaan, aur kitne gham hain
Lag jaa galey se, ruth hai suhaani
Yaa hai mohabbat, yaa hai jawaani

Not that this is the only song I keep humming all the time. There are many more, which I would talk about later if possible. For now, let me leave you with this feel good song from the movie The Great Gambler

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Gulp- I love this song too. I know it sounds like a cliché... but, I’ll borrow a word from Paulo Coelho, “Maktub”.

I love it when Amitab asks Zeenat, “Hey, what’s the boatman singing”. And when she does reply, he says, “Sing it…” and promptly does Asha launch into one of the most beautiful songs that graced Indian cinema…

Am I over doing it? So many comments in two days…. I wonder….

March 09, 2005 4:42 AM  
Blogger Zealous Zygote said...

I dont know whether you are over doing it or not, but let me tell you, even I have commented more in the last two days than I have done before. Big change after yesterday's post.

March 09, 2005 7:32 AM  
Blogger Subs said...

Ya thats a good song.
But is that a match for 'KABHI KABHI Mere dil me..."

March 09, 2005 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home