Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Strained Relationships...

Amazing! Thats what I can say about it(No, not about the subject line). You guys would think I am crazy that I keep writing about it again and again and again. But, to be honest, I dont care what you think. If something is so good, I dont mind doing it again and again. Yesterday, got an answer to a question which I have been thinking for a long time now. Why was 'Will and Grace' named 'Will and Grace' afterall? Shouldnt it have been named 'Jack and Karen'? Arent these two stealing it all away from Will and Grace!? Yesterday, got the answer through Episode: 5.03 "The Kid Stays Out of the Picture". Time for Eric and Debra to steal away whatever accolades I have been giving so far to Sean and Megan. Especially, Eric. ("You took it all away Wilma".) And thats what i said was Amazing. Now this one episode, Eric and Debra showed why 'Will and Grace' has to be called 'Will and Grace'...I love these guys.

Now, why am i writing on 'Will and Grace' in paricular this time is that this episode made me think about the thing which one of my friends told me over the last weekend. Its all about a simple stuff that most of us forget to do and which leads us to the subject of this post. Now, what can be one of the reasons to create a strained relationship? How many times have we not openly told the other person that we are pissed off with something they did to us? This 'other person' can be anyone: be it a friend, a relative, parents, a neighbour. If you are not happy with something they are doing it to you, then tell it to them, right at that particular moment... Dont put it somewhere at the back of your head, for all you know, this would erupt as a volcano when later you have even a small difference of opinion with that person and change that into a verbal war, if possible a physical fight and finally in a strained relationship.

Now, look at Will and Grace. Best friends for 15 years right from their college days... Stay together, they know each one in and out, no secrets between them and consider this friendship more than anything on this earth. They decide to have a baby now, through AI(that is Artificial Insemination for you), cos Will is gay, Grace is straight and they both can have anything between them, except sex. And suddenly this handsome doctor, Leo, enters Grace's life, shes infatuated and want to wait and see how this relation develops into. She keeps this thing away from Will though(not intentional), but to her misfortune, Will finds this out. Now read along and see how this 'Big Fight' goes and how it ends.(Thanks to Rob once again for the transcript. Actually, you guys are lucky. He even has the video of this verbal war. You can very well see how well its acted out)

GRACE: I'm sorry. I was going to tell you. I started to tell you. And then you were so understanding. And then there were gifts and curled ribbons--

WILL: Grace, Grace, bottom line. Do you wanna have this baby with me, or not?

GRACE: You said I could have more time.

WILL: That was before I found out you were sneakin' around behind my back. If you wanna back outta this, back out now. I don't wanna have this conversation again in a month like we did with the cabinets. [MOCKING GRACE] "I like the nickel pulls. No, I like the brass pulls. Oh, no, I like the nickel pulls again." Make up your friggin' mind!

GRACE: So what you're saying is, if I don't do it tomorrow, you don't want to do it at all?

WILL: That's right, Grace. It's now or never.

GRACE: Well, if that's the case, I guess I have to go with never.

WILL: Oh, I can't believe this! This is only the most important thing we've ever done together, and you flake out on me? I don't know why that's surprising. You're a flake!

GRACE: I am not a flake!

WILL: Oh, please. The dinners you blow off, the dry cleaning you forget to pick up, the rent that's late every month, and it's always been this way, Grace. You skipped out on my law school graduation party before I cut the cake. That was a big deal.

GRACE: It was carrot cake! That's never a big deal!

WILL: But I always let it go, Grace, because it's not like we're making a baby or something. Except this time, we're making a baby!

GRACE: Yes, at the moment you say, the place you say, wearing the clothes you say. You are a control freak! All I asked for was one month, one month to see where this is going.

WILL: Oh, let me tell you where this is going. You'll end up hating him in three weeks, because--I don't know, he has a weird chest hair pattern, or he doesn't like watching E! Or he'll end up hating you, because you're too needy. Then you'll fall apart, I'll pick you up, and then, magically, you'll be ready to have a baby!

GRACE: Wow. So that's what you think of me. Look, I'm sorry that I met someone, 'cause I know how much you hate it when I'm happy.

WILL: Oh, that is such a load--

GRACE: Admit it. You're happiest when I'm miserable. I mean, come on. Isn't that our thing? Because then you don't have to look at how miserable you are.

WILL: Shut up, Grace!

GRACE: But I am not gonna be miserable for you. I am gonna try to be happy, and if you can't deal with that, then you are even more pathetic than I thought!

WILL: Get out of here.

GRACE: Go to hell!

WILL: I want you out of here in two weeks! You don't live here anymore.

And the story?

To Be Continued..................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home