Monday, February 14, 2005

A trip to Hoggenekkal

Different type of weekend. Made a trip to Hoggenekkal Falls on Saturday. When I say, made a trip, it was me, sundi, ponp and abha, of course. Abha did the whole stuff- i mean, getting information abt the place, what to see there, how to go there etc... He arranged for the transport too! We rented an ambassador car for the trip.

Hoggenekkal, roughly 160 kms away from Bangalore, famous place where so many South Indian films were/are being shot: When i told Arvind about this, he could even remember some MGR movies being shot there. As far as I know, Roja was shot there: we even saw the place where Madhubala sings "Chinna Chinna Aasai". The place is now called 'Cine Falls'. Indian was shot there, i can remember! Not an MGR film though! But, Arvind cant be wrong, may be i dont know much abt MGR movies...

Anyway, we feared whether there would be enough water as this is off-season, but in contrast to all our fears, there was Water, Water and Water everywhere... First time in my life went on a Parisal. The experience was great. Went through the same route which Mani Ratnam took for his film way back in 1992! Few more things Hoggenekkal is famous for: Booze, source of many accidents, the main reason which the boatman told us for people getting drowned. We could see it right in front of our face, No, i didnt mean someone getting drowned, i meant drunken guys trying silly thing from the Parisal. One more thing thats famous there is Fish, of course... Women were selling fried fish all over the place... Oops, all the four of us dont eat fish, and so we couldnt enjoy having one.

But, few things we really enjoyed are:
  • Me and abha had oil massage.First time in my life I had a massage.. Abha is still complaining of body ache
  • Staying so long in water for such a long time. Ponp and sundi even tried swimming. Arvind asked me if I did, but No, i dont know. Its one on my New Year Resolution guys, so hopefully yes, next time
  • Standing right underneath Cauvery approaching at you at a speed of a Formula 1 car. Man, my head still feels the effect. It is sorta very heavy. And the whole day yesterday, I slept, slept and slept, but still i could feel little pain inside the head. Such a force with which She approached us!
  • Having Saravana Bhavan breaky and dinner. We didnt have lunch at all.. We never felt like having in the first place
  • And of-course the chit-chat, singing inside the car and also while we were in the water! Man, it was fun...

Decision was made that there are gonna be frequent trips like this from now on. Lets see how it works out... And yesterday, I did nothing but eat, sleep, eat and sleep. May be bcos of tiredness, or water or the effect of the massage. Didnt i tell you my uncle is a very good cook? Had one of the best Vathalkozhambu of my life yesterday, slept, slept and slept and today, Here I am, back today in front of the Monitor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home