Wednesday, February 09, 2005

3.14 and the List

Last weekend was not only about BLACK. It was actually very good because, I had been reading a very good book: "The Life Of Pi". At first felt so nostalgic about it, for I had been residing in Pondicherry for some time and Petit Seminaire is where my brother gave his Class 12 exams from. "Nil Magnum Nisi Bonum"! .Very much true... Yann Martel amazes you with the description he gives you of animals! Where did he learn so much about animals. Anyway, wonderful book, amazing story line! I dont know what I would have done if i had been on the life boat of Tsimtsum with a hyena, zebra, urang utan, rat and a Bengal Tiger of course for my company. I wouldnt have survived even half-a-day. Hats off to you Piscine Molitor Patel.. No matter whether people believe your story or not, to survive more than 200 days alone in Pacific Ocean, is not an easy thing at all.. Shit! Thinking of it scares me like hell...

Just shows how much man can do if he has the grit and determination. As Martel puts it: "Man can accustom to anything he wishes to, even to killing!".. True, the situation is what turned a soft, vegetarian, 16 year old boy to survive in midst of all the suffereings of losing his family! So Pi Patel, gets added to my "Must See in Life" list. Let me see who and all I have so far:

1. Megan Mullally and Sean Hayes: Now, I have been like crazy about these two. The latest on them is: Have been watching "Mr.Sandman" clip again and again for so many times now and every time i laugh at it, just like the previous time. Never cease to amaze you, these two actors..
I have seen these two on TV, so, I know how they look like.

2. Arvind Ananthanarayan: Here is where things start getting interesting. This guy, my project manager for 9 months now, is nothing but a VOIP phone for me. Havent seen him, but yeah heard him and have heard him a lot. Great person, very good motivator, teacher, philosopher, guide....Seeing Arvind (rather hearing him), I came to a conclusion that people in this world can be this nice too to others. Nobody can beat him in this.

3. Pi Patel: Born in 1961, brought up in Pondicherry. Lone survivor of a Japanese ship which sank in Pacific in 1977. Resides currently in Canada, hopefully in Toronto. No idea how he looks like! But yes, embodiment of fighting spirit, grit and determination

4. If you think I have been crazy so far, hear this. Next on my list is a girl, or rather woman, whom I dont know who she is, where she is, whether she is!?. But i want to meet her desperately. Hold On. If you think, its the girl i am looking for to love, marry and all that crap, nope: you may be right with this guess 95% of the time, but not with me, misters and sisters. Ok. This girl is what I would have loved to be if I had born as a girl.Unfortunately that is not the case. So thats what makes her special. I have imagined her in my mind and thats it. Nothing more I know about her.

Thats where the list stops so far. May be more additions and hopefully some deletions, if am lucky, would come as my life journey continues....

1 Comments:

Blogger HP said...

L o Pi made me feel like puking at every page - conjured visions can be really dreadful.

February 09, 2005 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home