Thursday, February 03, 2005

Hail the Developers!

Now, what I thought was gonna take one day has taken 3 days and still its not complete yet. Yeah, am talking abt the same script as the last time. And now, Arvind has added new twist to the requirements. Oh God! My heartfelt appreciation and salaam to all the developers out there! I mean, we consultants are like mediators. On one side we have our customers and and on another side we have the product development team and we just act as a bridge between the 2. Now, thats why i dont like it.Not anything useful, I think am doing between the two parties... I mean, there are people who just want to do this and they do it, but I dont wanna be one! Everytime, the product team says, "Hey we are gonna need 3 weeks to fix this issue", sometimes i think: "Why do these guys need so much time for such a simple task as this!?"... Boss, am totally wrong... I mean, these are the guys who 'develop' something and they are 'proud' owners of a product and what are 'we'? I am still trying to find out...

I dont know, may be once we go through a set of issues, may be development would also be boring.. I have few friends who are developers and they also say "Whats there in product dev?".. Same old bugs and same old ways of fixing it..I dont know.. once you know few types of logic, its just the syntax thats different among different languages!? Underlying concept should still be the same. Its just that i am expressing the same logic in some other fashion. But, if you go on giving explanation like this, what is that you would be liking to do in IT industry?Dev is boring. Consulting is boring... Hmm. sounds interesting question, isnt it? (Or am i blabbering too much?)... May be my knowledge is too less about it.. So lets drop it...

Interesting Quote i saw on a T-shirt couple of days back: "Your life depends upon what you dream in your life. So, go and sleep"

Now, hows that?

2 Comments:

Blogger HP said...

I do not think you are blabbering - it is possibly a case of the grass looking greener on the other side - whichever side you may be on.

The twists in the requirements are part and parcel of the 'game', each concerned person knows it for a fact but shies away from it - who wants to take the blame anyways?

February 04, 2005 1:04 AM  
Blogger Zealous Zygote said...

Wow! Good to c comment on what I have written,atleast once in a while. Otherwise, doesnt look nice, when its only between me and my son! I somehow felt this post would be commented and no surpise when i saw '1 comments' on the post. I know, definitely its you!

Yup, it was basically 'Grass On the other side is always green' concept what was explained by the prof in yesterday's class.Gud that one student atleast figured it out :))

February 04, 2005 2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home