Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Life beyond .C"OM" (Part 3)

It was around 9 AM when i got up. Everyone else was out of the bed already and i got up at the right time to talk to santosh. he had reached his school and his exam was also over... Poor guy.. he shud be missing kochi a lot... The day after Saasthapreethi is Sooryanaarayanapreethi, i was told. There would be prayer in the morning and then again we wud have lunch at the temple.

After talking to santosh, did the daily routines and got ready for the puja today... Today i found the place straight opposite to saastha inside the kitchen we have at the temple. Straight view of whats happening without any hindrance. Saw the abhishekham and deepa aaradhanai.Also, saastha who was taken out of the special room, was now back there. He wont come out for one year now! Then, of course was the time for the lunch. Today's lunch was too too good. especially the payasam. Remarked mami: "nowhere in the whole world you would get payasam like what you get in kochi". true.. the taste was so so good and when its served hot, nothing like it. I had 3 rounds of it before i finally got up.

The effect of such a good food was instantaneous. I slept today in the afternoon for more than two hours... When i got up, i had to face it... I had to leave kochi that night..Though i dont wanna do it, I have to. I started packing my things making sure that i dont miss anything there.(last time left a blue jeans :).. )mama told me that tonight there would be auction in the temple and they would be auctioning the unused stuff from the fest and there would be huge demand and people would be quoting huge prices. Materials which were bought for 100s would get sold in 1000s. he said santosh never misses it even if he has any exam the next day.. Poor dad... his heart wants santosh there, but he had to send him to school. Thats how life is...

vinish told me that they have a paanduranga temple there and they have a bhajan there starting in the evening. he asked me to be there so that i could listen to atleast few songs before i leave.. I said ok and went along with him. Had a nice darshan of the lord and unfortunately the bhajan was getting delayed and i had to leave before hearing any song. So came back home. mami asked me if i had been to the temple. I said "No". She asked me to say goodbye to saastha just before i leave from kochi.mama also wanted me to show the auction. So we both went to the temple and unfortunately the auction did not start. But i prayed to saastha and later i found sreeram there in the temple. and what was he doing? Cleaning and disposing stuff from the kitchen... Oh God, cant i be like him? So said goodbye to him too... Told mami that i bid farewell to two VIPs in the temple.. she was getting ready for the bhajan too.. So finally, said Bye to mama and mami and fortunately there was no auto strike this time. Got an auto just outside thekkemadom. mama told the auto driver the place to drop me and he told me how much to pay the person. So finally, left them there and was on my way back... The auto driver on the way took time to fill petrol and check his gas.. so i got delayed by 10 mins or so. meanwhile mama messaged me whether i have reached the boarding place, and when i said No, he got worried.

Finally, reached my borading place on time. mama was happy that i reached on time and wished me happy journey. the auction had now started.. so i sit in the bus thinking about the three wonderful days of my life and guess what movie they play in the bus? 'Manmadhan'. I didnt tell you, jike.. santosh is a big simbhu fan now and it was simbhu's movie they were showing... :)...The bus reached blore the next morning on time. called up mama and told him that i arrived safely.. Hmm.. now what? back to the same old office.. When i go back to work, see hell lot of e-mails from Arvind staring at me... Yeah, i know Arvind. PSR testing is gonna start. The deadline is next week and we have lots of things to work on.. So am back to my .COM life again.. Its gonna be a long time before i get a break out of it... But these three days at Kochi, i would never forget in my life.. It has left me with lotsa sweet memories. Let me leave you jike, with this song:

Yeh jeevan dil jaane, dariya ka hai paani
Paani tho beh jaaye, baakhi kya reh jaaye

Yaadein... Yaadein...Yaadein...Yaadein...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home