Friday, December 31, 2004

Prudence McPrude, The Mayoress of Prudie Town

Woman 1: Ok. Ok, ok. So maybe I haven't had sex with more than one person at a time, but I've done a lot of crazy things. I once had sex in the kitchen.
Man: Ooh. What are you-- A rock star?
(Man and Woman 2 laugh at Woman 1)
Woman 1: What is that? All right. No. You're done. I have clients coming. Get out.
Man: If I don't, are you gonna spank me, kinko?
Woman 1: Get out!
Man: Whoa! If I hear anything like that in the boudoir, watch out!
(Woman 1 pushes the man out of her office)
Woman 1: I don't care what either of you say, I am not a prude.
Woman 2: Oh, honey. Come on. Come on. I love you like the mother I had committed against her will. But you are Prudence McPrude, the Mayoress of Prudie Town.
Woman 1: you are wrong.
Woman 2: Quack, quack. No, I'm not.
Woman 1: Yes, you are!
Woman 2: Quack.

So, jike, confused? This is just a part of a scene of a tele-serial to which am addicted to. This scene is there as a video over the net and I have been watching this 2:02 clip like, I dont know how many times over the last couple of days! Ok, enough of it... Woman 1 is 'Grace'. Man is 'Will' and Woman 2 is 'Karen'. This is from the episode "Love Plus One", the third season of "Will and Grace". This is the only episode I have seen so far which Karen(my favorite character) opens and folds. You might not enjoy this scene if you watch it. I have seen how Karen opens up the episode and how she folds it, it was amazing!

Thanks to Rob Durfee for the transcript. I have been publicising the website with so many of my friends now... Its really a cool site, jike..Visit it whenever you get time. http://www.durfee.net/will/

About Will and Grace, to tell you the fact, when i watched it some 5 or 6 months back, I never used to like it.. I would change the channel as soon as I hear the voice of Karen. Used to think "What a horrible voice is that!"...And now, things have changed tremendously, jike. I am sleeping every night only after seeing Will and Grace... Karen and Jack are having great influence on me.. Fabulous actors all the four of them- but Megan Mullally and Sean Hayes, no one in this world can play Karen and Jack better than them... I just cant stop laughing when i hear them.. When the day has gone bad for you, theres nothing that rejuvenates you like "Will and Grace"...

And Rob's site is also fabulous.. The accent sometimes becomes a problem for me to understand. So what I do everyday these days is: Watch the episode in the night and come back in the morning and read the transcript and laugh over it again and again..This has become a habit for me now. I have just seen till third season and that too till this episode, "Coffeee & Commitment" and man, I just cant tell which episode i liked the best... But these are some scenes which I would never forget in my life:

a) Karen and Jack playing charades (Big Brother is Coming Part 2)
b) The premiere of Jack 2000 when Jack sings along with himself (Grace 0, Jack 2000)
c) The sexual harassment video that Jack and Karen do (Terms of Employment)
d) Will and Karen laugh at Grace when she tells them about Nicholas' plan(Love plus one)
e) Karen and Jack fighting over Rosario (Fear and Clothing)
f) Karen and Jack's "Slap Fest" (Coffee and Commitment)

Ok, guess the list would be endless. Lemme stop here.Hmmm. If there is one episode which I have to name as my best(though its really difficult), I guess I would say, "Homo for the Holidays" : This is the episode where Will and Grace invite Jack's mother for thanksgiving dinner, karen and grace fight over jack, will's confessions to jack and jack learns about his birth secret from his mother...

One more thing about reading the transcripts: I have learnt lot many new words in English, ok?.. To name a new: boudoir,cancan,delouse, prude,comped,skank,kinky... :)

Hey, jike, why do you think I am telling all this to you now? Remember I told you last time that i would tell you why you were named JIKE in the first place? Now, it has to do with "Will and Grace". J- from Jack, I- from wIll, K- from Karen and E-from gracE.. I dont know whether I would have a real life son and whether I would be able to name him Jike! But i can definitely name my e-son JIKE.. Though it is named "Will and Grace", for me,its actually Jack and Karen who steal the show .... So I have taken the first letters of their names and from Will, I have taken 'I' and from Grace 'E'. You are my tribute to Max Mutchnick's creation, jike, you are!

So thats it for now... Hope you are doing well...I am doing great...Hope to see many more episodes of W&G and would get you posted on that if possible.

Until next time I catch you, kisses, honey :)

Love
Dad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home