Sunday, February 03, 2008

Summertime during winter

Hurray, Idol is back. And as per Simon (and what I have seen through the auditions), the level of talent is pretty high this year compared to last year. So, Tuesday and Wednesday nights are going to be fun. I am rooting for a guy winning it this time. Girls have dominated Idol enough, so lets go guys! Lets see if we get someone like an Aiken or a Daughtry out of this season.

Anyway, I was going through some of the past Idol performances and this one stands out by far. Fantasia has sung it so well that I am humming this song enough these days for my roomie to ask me to stop. Read the following comment Randy style: "Yo Yo man, Yo Yo! If there was any doubt in my mind as to why people made you the idol, it all went out with that performance. That was de bomb!"

The lyrics for this song is damn good to get a mention on my blog:

Summertime,
And the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin'
And the cotton is high

Your daddy's rich
And your mamma's good lookin'
So hush little baby
Don't you cry

One of these mornings
You're going to rise up singing
Then you'll spread your wings
And you'll take to the sky

But till that morning
There's a'nothing can harm you
With daddy and mamma standing by

(Source: stlyrics.com)

And here is me welcoming Season 7 with a beautiful rendition of this song by our ex-American Idol,Fantasia Barrino.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home